Monday, September 12, 2011

Support for this blog is brought to you by...

Today is mine and Mr. Bean's anniversary. We have been married 2 whole years. And all you professionals out there are probably wondering why in the world I am writing about my saucy love life on my professional blog but there's a reason. And I'm getting to it.

He doesn't always WEAR his glasses and for some reason feels
the need to be clean shaven at times but you get the idea.
I have to give credit to Mr. Bean. This man allowed his crazy bride to start school to become a music therapist a mere 3 weeks before getting married. This man supported the notion that not only could I go to the University of Iowa (with a 2 hour commute), continue to work a full time job, and pull off what was sure to be the wedding of the century. He listened to me stress over seating arrangements, stress over homework, and stress over planning a youth ministry program (that was my former area of employment). He took on the financial burden of a wedding and then said "Sure why not" to the burden of paying for school out of pocket (no loans = yay, no financial aid = boo). He worked multiple jobs to support not only his business, but my dream, and to provide for us. AND THEN! When I wanted to intern at Seasons Hospice, he moved with me and started a new career.

Why? Because he believes in and supports my dreams. He has proofread papers, bounced around session plan ideas, and helped compose songs that assist children in hearing and pronouncing the difference between "p" and "b". He who has been playing the guitar for years, who has more patience in his little toe than I have at all, calmly teaches me music and silently listens as I figure things out. He went to extracurricular lectures with me, got excited when he'd hear my professor on Iowa Public Radio or listen to a podcast talking about music therapy, and listens to be me babble about my days at Seasons. He is genuinely interested in everything I am doing and learning. He pushes me to be the best I can be. And for that I owe him an incredible amount of thanks... and it just so happens that I can't help also giving him all of my heart.

So my dear readers... the question today is:

Who inspires and supports you? Who is accompanying you on your walk to be a great music therapist? There are tons of people in my life who are helping me grow and become the best ME, but today is the day I celebrate marrying my #1 fan. I am so blessed... lucky... undeserving. I am eternally grateful.

1 comment:

  1. You do.

    Happy anniversary. You are too kind to me. and I love you for it.

    CWj

    ReplyDelete