Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Seniors say the darndest things

Today we went to a new facility that I will be taking over during the rest of my time at Seasons. One of the facility's employees wanted to see music therapy in action, so off we go to see some the patients signed on to our services. We get settled into a quiet room, the patient was sleeping peacefully. As I start to play the patient's roommate walks in - having freshly showered. In order to give her some privacy my male audience excused himself from the room, and closed the curtain around myself, my advisor, and the patient. As I hear him close the door behind him, I also hear the squeaky clean resident yell after him, "Suck my d***!!" I look over at my advisor with what I am sure were eyes as big a saucers and holding back a laugh.

Throughout the rest of the session, thinly veiled (one hospital curtain separation) commands such as
"shut the hell up" wafted over my improvised guitar playing. But then the kicker came...

The roommate pulled back the curtain, looked at us, whipped the curtain back into place, called out, "EAT MY SHORTS!!" and stormed out.






I couldn't make this stuff up... even if I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment