Wednesday, September 28, 2011

BEST.EMAIL.EVER

I am truly not trying to brag or wave my flag or toot my own horn or however the euphamism may go...

BUT!

I recieved the best email of my life this morning and wanted to share. I am so incredibly humbled right now. I am so PUMPED to feel like I actually can make a difference. This patient is the patient I am working with on a case study right now, trying to show that while a client may be declining (this patient has a Parkinson's Diagnosis) music therapy can in fact improve self esteem, depression, and ultimately Quality of Life. This makes me feel like it's WORKING! Aaah! Music therapy R-O-C-K-S.

Anyway... here's the email (name and location has been edited to comply with HIPAA) if you are still reading this far into my rambling:

________________________________________________

Ann-
I made a social work visit to [patient] yesterday at [assisted living facility].  She was in a crabby mood but that’s besides the point.

She kept asking “where is the music lady?” and later started calling you by name!  When I was leaving, she said about 3 times, “make sure ann knows where to find me.”

Just thought you should know what a great job you are doing and what a difference you have apparently made for [patient]! Keep up the good work!


________________________________________________


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment